Learn how to create a traditional chochin lampshade and cover it with your favorite paper.
- Build skills for working with paper and constructing lamps
- Learn how to create other forms using the same technique and materials
- Discover a variety of lamp making resources
- Become familiar with safety issues to consider while working with paper and light
This is a 3-session live/online workshop. All sessions will be recorded. You are welcome to sign up for the course, then watch the replays if any or all of the session times don’t work for you. The sessions will take place in Mountain Time Zone (Time Zone Converter) on the following dates:
- Friday, November 4th: 12 – 2pm (In class: cut the foam core armature; Homework: prepare reed)
- Saturday, November 5th: 12 – 2pm (In class: wind reed rings; Homework: prepare paper panels)
- Sunday, November 6th: 12 – 2pm (In class: attach paper panels, connect top and bottom rings)
Depending on your working style and speed, you may or may not complete the tasks during the live sessions, but you will have a day between sessions to finish up, if necessary. There will also be a small amount of homework/preparation between sessions.
The replays will be available through December 6, 2022, and Helen will be monitoring the chat for questions throughout that time.
This course is limited to 30 participants.
Click below to register: