ONLINE BOOK LAUNCH with Helen Hiebert
We are so excited for the release of Helen Hiebert’s new book, The Art of Papercraft. Please join us for a special online event with Helen, special guests from Storey Publishing, contributing artist, Susan Joy Share and a poem read by Akua Lezli hope.
The Art of Papercraft celebrates the versatility of paper as a material and the diverse ways in which a single sheet can be transformed. Forty unique projects by Hiebert and guest artists from around the world show off dimensional techniques like origami, cutting, folding, quilling, stretching, weaving, and pop-ups. A rich variety of projects will delight crafters, artists, and designers alike, including paper votive lights, pop-up cards, folded paper gift boxes and envelopes, woven paper wall hangings, miniature one-sheet books, and much more.
All ages are welcome to join the event (no purchase necessary). Helen will have a conversation with book artist Susan Share, talk about highlights in the book, and together we will make the Hexagonal Hat you see below. This is a bonus project that is not featured in the book.
- Date/Time: Tuesday, February 15th, 12 noon MST Denver (Time Zone Converter)
- Event length: 90 minutes
- Where: On Zoom (you will receive a Zoom link when you register, as well as a reminder on the morning of the event. The event will be recorded – please register if you wish to receive the replay).
- Supplies: You will need the following tools & materials if you wish to make the Hexagonal Hat. Please note that although you can make this hat with one sheet of paper, for the purposes of this Zoom session, piecing three smaller sheets together will be simpler.
– (3) sheets of card stock (80-100#) cut to 8-1/2″ x 9″ (grain running in the 8-1/2″ direction, if possible, I used double-sided paper)
– Washi tape or other colored tape + optional stickers and collage items to decorate your hat
– Glue stick or white glue
– Exacto knife
– Cutting mat
– Scrap paper (a small piece of card stock)
– Bone folder
- There will be a special giveaway at the event!
Please make sure to bookmark this page and/or save the list of tools and materials.NOTE: You are welcome to pre-order copies of Helen’s book. They will also be available wherever fine books are sold starting on 2/15/22.