Congratulations to Anne McIntyre for winning the first giveaway in this blog series! Anne will receive a copy of Playing With Paper, three window stars, and a set of kite paper so that she can make a few of her own window stars (one of the projects featured in the book).
And now, it is time for another giveaway! Check out the paper goodness you can win if you participate:
– A copy of my book, Playing With Paper
– A copy of my DVD, The Papermaker’s Studio Guide
– A paper ring (one of the projects in the book, and special thanks to Nunn Design for donating the ring base).
There are four easy ways to participate in this giveaway:
1. Leave your answer in the comments below to the question: what is your favorite type of paper and why?
2. Share your favorite type of paper on my Facebook page (remember in order for my Facebook updates to show in your newsfeed, you need to hover over the “LIKED” button on our page and select “Show in News Feed”).
3. Subscribe to this Blog in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Join my mailing list to receive updates about where I’m traveling and teaching, paper-related events around the country, and more.
Enter by Midnight MST Wednesday, December 19th. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents only.
I will randomly pick a winner on Thursday, December 20th, so check your email!
Now, a few paper jewelry tidbits.
Paper beads have a long tradition. Here is a DIY tutorial.
And an example:
I’ve started a Pinterest board on paper beads.
At the end of The Papermaker’s Studio Guide DVD, I feature 22 artists’ work representing the various styles of working with handmade paper. One of them is Tia Kramer, a contemporary jewelry designer in Seattle who makes delicate wire armatures and wraps tiny colored sheets of handmade paper onto them.
And finally, this paper ring by Sophie Kemp is featured on Designboom today.
Have you seen or created paper jewelry? If so, please share it with me by emailing or leaving me a comment below.
About the 25 Days of Paper: I’m going to be a crazy blogger in December, featuring cool paper products, projects, blogs, books, or papers each day. Join in the fun by reading along! I’ll also post links on my FaceBook page. Enjoy the season!